A skillfully written guide to the nuances of Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE), Effective Enterprise Java includes architecture advice such as the importance of differentiating layers from tiers and keeping data and processors close together, and why one must never optimize without profiling first; processing tips such as the importance of keeping savepoints to retain partial work in the face of rollback and favoring immutables which need no locks; security requirements such as always validating user input, how to make the best use of role-based authorization, and much, much more.
What does J2EE stand for?
J2EE stands for Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (software; Sun Microsystems)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
- Just for Teens
- Intelligence (Joint Staff Directorate)
- Jupiter II (ship on "Lost In Space" TV series)
- Second-Stage Juvenile (biology)
- Joint Counterintelligence Office (US DoD)
- Journey to Adulthood (religious program)
- J2EE Connection Architecture
- Java 2 Cryptographic Edition
- Journey to Diversity Workplaces (Canada)
- Java 2 Enterprise Applications (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
J2EE is Sun Microsystems' Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition.
Fujitsu Software Corporation has announced the launch of the Interstage e-Business Platform with the introduction of the Interstage Application Server V5, a Web services-enabled e-Business solution with full support for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE).