00 Hardcover The Asian American experience E184 Established in 1929, Pacific Citizen is a newspaper published by the Japanese American Citizens League.
What does JACL stand for?
JACL stands for Japanese American Citizens League
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JACL
We have 3 other meanings of JACL in our Acronym Attic
- Journal of Applied Computing and Information Technology (National Advisory Committee on Computing Qualifications)
- Jack Audio Connection Kit
- Java Applet Correctness Kit (computer programming)
- Java Application Component Kit
- Joint Action Council Kannur (India)
- Joint Advisory Commission Korea (US covert operation; Korean War)
- Just Another Contract Killer (game)
- Joint Acquisition CBRN(Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear) Knowledge System (US DoD)
- Japan, Australia, Canada, Korea, Switzerland, Norway and New Zealand
- Jacl Adventure Creation Language
- Jarcho Cannula
- Java Application Control Language
- Jaw Claudication
- Joomla Access Control List
- Journal of Armed Conflict Law
- Juneau, Alaska CityLink
- Japan Arts Connection Lab (Seattle, WA)
- Japanese Association of Clinical Laboratory Physicians
- Japan Association for Computational Mechanics
- Journal of Ambulatory Care Management (quarterly publication)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He had joined the Japanese American Citizens League (JACL) as a young Sacramento attorney and was elected to serve a two-year term as national president in 1938.
Several chapters examine the influence of the Japanese American Citizens League, whose leaders cooperated with War Relocation Authority officials and extolled the valor of the racially-segregated 442nd Regimental Combat Team in Europe, while suppressing draft resisters and other dissenting voices.
John Tateishi director, Japanese American Citizens League DEPORTATION DEPORTATION * More than 500 people without any * Over 4,724 people without any connections to the bombings were connections to espionage were deported.
John Tateishi, executive director of the Japanese American Citizens League, says the justification for Special Registration is the same one the government used in 1942.
The Japanese American Citizens League, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights and the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee sent letters demanding the dismissal of U.