Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba is likely to announce the plan at the Japan-ASEAN foreign ministers' meeting in Cambodia on Wednesday, the sources added.
What does JAFTA stand for?
JAFTA stands for Japan-ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Financial Technical Assistance (fund)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of JAFTA
- Joint Armed Forces Publication
- Journal of Applied Financial Research
- Just a Friendly Reminder
- Jan and Frank
- Japan Association for Rail Advertising (Japan)
- Japan Foundation for Regional Art
- Japan Airport Fueling Service
- Japan Fin Swimming Association
- Japan Association of Family Therapy
- Japanese Association of Forensic Toxicology (est. 1982)
- Johannesburg Association for the Aged (South Africa)
- Just Another Foul Up
- Joint Action Front for Women (India)
- Japanese Animation Fans of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia)
- Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority
- Jabiluka Action Group (Melbourne, Australia)
- Jaguar (64-bit Atari video game system)
- Jaguar (Apple computer operating system)
- Jaguar (sports car/sedan)
- Jaguar Advisory Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The agreement was reached at a special Japan-ASEAN ministerial meeting held in Jakarta to show the regional bloc's solidarity with Japan in the wake of the March 11 quake and tsunami that have left more than 20,000 people dead or missing.
I examine four cases: (1) the Executives' Meeting of East Asia-Pacific Central Banks (EMEAP), (2) the Japan-ASEAN Finance Ministers' Meeting (Japan-ASEAN FMM) and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Finance Ministers' Meeting (APEC FMM), (3) the Four Markets Group and the Six Markets Group, and (4) the Asian Monetary Fund (AMF) and the Manila Framework Group (MFG).
Among other regional issues, Gemba called for Japan-ASEAN solidarity against North Korea's provocative acts, according to the official.
In a related development, Japanese Foreign Minister Masahiko Komura also told his ASEAN counterparts at the Japan-ASEAN talks that Japan will appoint an ambassador to ASEAN once the ASEAN Charter takes effect and that preparations for the appointment are underway, according to a Japanese Foreign Ministry official.
A Japan-ASEAN economic ministerial gathering will be held Friday in Bandar Seri Begawan.
Two, I propose that 2003 be designated as the Year of Japan-ASEAN Exchange.
Japanese trade minister Yukio Edano and his counterparts from ASEAN struck the deal on the proposed Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership at a one-day meeting in Tokyo, according to a statement issued after the Japan-ASEAN ministerial meeting in Tokyo.