Takahashi was registered as a ''professional'' by the Japan Amateur Athletic Federation (JAAF) in February, meaning she will receive payments for commercial endorsements and personal appearances that would normally go to the Japanese Olympic Committee (JOC).
What does JAAF stand for?
JAAF stands for Japan Amateur Athletic Federation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of JAAF
We have 2 other meanings of JAAF in our Acronym Attic
- Jurisprudence des Autorités Administratives de la Confédération
- Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Japan Academic Association for Copyright Clearance
- Jews Against Anti-Christian Defamation
- Japanese Association for Animal Cell Technology
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Justification, Approval & Acquisition Documentation
- Jewish Association for Attention Deficit Disorder (New York, New York)
- Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics
- Journal of Aviation Aerospace Education and Research (Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University)
- Japan Association of Architectural Firms (trade group)
- Japan Association of Athletics Federations (governing body)
- Japanese Army Air Force
- Japanese-American Acupuncture Foundation (Corte Madera, CA)
- Joint Action Armed Forces
- Joint Apparel Association Forum (Sri Lanka)
- Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance (New York University; Leonard N. Stern School of Business; New York, NY)
- Junior All-American Football (California)
- Joint Army and Air Force Adjustment Regulations
- Japan Association of Athletics Federations for the Disabled
Samples in periodicals archive:
On his way back to Tokyo, Kono, who serves as chairman of the Japan Amateur Athletic Federation, will make a brief stop at Kansai international airport in Osaka Prefecture to welcome the International Olympic Committee (IOC) members scheduled to evaluate Osaka's bid to host the 2008 Olympics.
Takahashi, registered as a ''professional'' by the Japan Amateur Athletic Federation (JAAF) in February, will appear in a commercial for ''Sekisui Heim,'' a housing brand name for parent company Sekisui Chemical.