It's wonderful to see it being brought back, especially knowing that it is structurally sound and it will last for so long," said Richard Pieper, director of preservation at Jan Hird Pokorny Associates, the architectural firm based in Manhattan selected for the work and collaborated with construction firm Tishman The Beaux Art style Maritime building was designed by Walker and Morris in 1908, and is currently the only surviving ferry terminal of the many that lined the waterfront during that period.
What does JHPA stand for?
JHPA stands for Jan Hird Pokorny Associates (architecture firm; New York, NY)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of JHPA in our Acronym Attic
- John Henry Owen Willcox
- Jacketed Hollow Point (bullet)
- Japan Team of Young Human Power (est. 1993)
- Jewish Heritage Program
- Jobs Have Priority (est. 1988; Washington, DC)
- Joe Hamilton Productions
- Joseph Henry Press (National Academies Press imprint)
- Journal of Health Psychology
- Journal of Humanistic Psychology
- Jours Hors Projet (French: Days Off Project)
- Japan Highway Public Corporation
- Joint Health Planning Committee (Australia)
- Joint Hospital Planning Council (Bridgeport, CT)
- Jefferson Hospital Philadelphia Distance Run (Philadelphia, PA
- John Healey Photography (Washington, DC)
- Journal of the History of Philosophy
- Joy Huber Presentations, Inc.
- Japan Hygiene Products Industry Association (Tokyo, Japan)
- [not an acronym] (formerly Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- J.R. Huffman Public Library (Hemphill, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The restoration and upgrade to the 1878 building was accomplished by Jan Hird Pokorny Associates.