He also criticized the lack of support from British forces during the early days of the decisive Charge of Knights operation when the Iraqi army defeated Basra's Jaish al Mahdi (JAM) insurgents.
What does JAM stand for?
JAM stands for Jaish al Mahdi (The Mahdi Army)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JAM
We have 111 other meanings of JAM in our Acronym Attic
- Jitter Attenuator Limit Trip
- Journal of Accelerated Learning and Teaching
- Journal of Arabic Linguistics Tradition
- Journal of the Association of Law Teachers
- Japan Laser Therapy Association
- Japanese Language Teacher's Association Nepal
- Japan Association for Language Teaching Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- Joint Air Logistics Working Group
- Jump and Link EXchange
- Jackson State, Alcorn State and Mississippi Valley State (Universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, when the Jaish al Mahdi militia fixes a broken water pipeline, people see them as providing water.