Melbourne, April 4 ( ANI ): Retired boxing champion Mike Tyson is petitioning US President Barack Obama to pardon the first black heavyweight world champion Jack Johnson, who was imprisoned for having a relationship with a white woman.
What does JJ stand for?
JJ stands for Jack Johnson (musician)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of JJ
We have 23 other meanings of JJ in our Acronym Attic
- Justice Integrated Wireless Network
- Joint Imagery eXchange System
- Jaffari Islamic Youth (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Jerusalem International YMCA
- James Island Yacht Club (South Carolina)
- Japan Initiative for Youth Development
- Journey Into Your Imagination (Disney attraction)
- James Island Youth Soccer Club (Charleston, SC)
- Jeugd International Zemst (Dutch: Youth International Zemst; Zemst, Belgium)
- J Jayalalitha (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I AM writing in reply to the review of Jack Johnson at Cardiff International Arena by Clare Hutchinson (July 1).
The resolution approved on Wednesday says that the boxer should receive a posthumous pardon "for the racially motivated conviction in 1913 that diminished the athletic, cultural, and historic significance of Jack Johnson and unduly tarnished his reputation.
Lewis leads a special BBC tribute to Jack Johnson, the first black man to win the world heavyweight title 100 years ago.
Byline: JACK JOHNSON I LIVE in the west end of Newcastle and recently had the misfortune to visit a property to let in the Benwell area, during which the landlord showed a friend of mine around a flat that is one of several he owns.
Byline: Dorothy M Dawson I WOULD Like to reply to the letter from Jack Johnson (Daily Post, Tuesday, August 19).