Recent arms deals approved by the administration include a record $60 billion plan to sell Saudi Arabia advanced F-15 aircraft, some 2,000-pound (907-kg) JDAMs and other powerful munitions.
What does JABS stand for?
JABS stands for JDAM (Joint Direct Attack Munition) Assault Breaching System (counter-mine, counter-obstacle)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of JABS
We have 9 other meanings of JABS in our Acronym Attic
- J. Armand Bombardier Internationalist Fellowships (Canada)
- Jacksonville Association of Black Journalists (Florida)
- Just A Bunch of Disks
- Jakarta Bogor Tangerang Bekasi
- Japanese Association of Brief Psychotherapy
- Jiangsu Animal By-Products Import and Export Group Corp. (China)
- Japan-Australia Business Report
- Japanese Association for Business Recovery (est. 2002; Japan)
- Journal of Applied Business Research
- Japanese Association of Behavioral Science (est. 1993)
- Joint Automated Booking System (US DOJ)
- Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science
- Journal of Analytical Bio-Science (Japan)
- Journal of Applied Behavioral Science (psychology)
- Journal of Architecture and Building Science (Architectural Institute of Japan)
- Journal of Asia Business Studies
- Justice Awareness and Basic Support (vaccine damaged children support group; UK)
- John A Burns School of Medicine
- Japanese Association of Behavior Therapy
- joint ambient breeze tunnel
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is currently used only in the form of the GBU-54/B with Mk 82 warhead, but laser integration with the heavier Mk 83, Mk 84 and BLU-109 Jdams is planned.
The two partners will co-develop the wing kit to convert the JDAM into a JDAM ER over the next 40 months.
Returning to our JDAM example, even the F-16 is replaceable in the broader view: other aircraft can drop the JDAMs.
Two Israeli security sources said the US further mollified the Olmert government with an "understanding in principle" that future JDAM sales to Israel would include advanced technologies not on offer to Saudi Arabia.
The new weapon would need to kill a target as effectively as the GBU-31 JDAM but work in a smaller area and cause less collateral damage.