Summary: A performance by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra was taken off air, after it was repeatedly interrupted by pro-Palestinian protesters.
What does IPO stand for?
IPO stands for Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IPO
We have 136 other meanings of IPO in our Acronym Attic
- International Purchasing Office
- Internet Powered by Oracle
- Internet Protocol Over Optical (IETF)
- Interprovinciaal Overleg (Netherlands)
- Intervening Protection Optical (Pirelli)
- Investing Pays Off (Merrill Lynch)
- Investment Promotion Office (various organizations)
- Iowa Publications Online (State Library of Iowa)
- Irish Poker Open (tournament; Ireland)
- Islamic Propagation Organization
- Iterative Physical Optics
- Indophenoloxidase B
- In-Process Overview - Design
- Improved Physical Optics - Method of Moments
- Internet Protocol Over Mil-Std-1553 Networks
- Indophenoloxidase A
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (Washington, DC)
- International Peace Operations Association
- International Plan of Action (fishing)
- Internet Protocol Over ATM
Samples in periodicals archive:
A group of about 20 campaigners waved banners and sang songs in protest against the appearance of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO) outside the concert hall.
LONDON: Pro-Palestinian demonstrators disrupted a concert by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra at the world-famous Proms concerts in London on Thursday, forcing the BBC to cut short a radio broadcast of the performance.
He has appeared with ensembles throughout the world, such as the Berlin Philharmonic, the Cleveland Orchestra, the Vienna Philharmonic, the Dresden Staatskapelle, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, the London Philharmonic, the Los Angeles Philharmonic, the New York Philharmonic, the Orchestre de Paris and the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra.