Drawbacks to this approach include the increased demand for fissile material (higher levels of enrichment would be required for their fuel), which might dictate future construction of reactors specifically for fissile isotope production and associated isotope separation plants.
What does IP stand for?
IP stands for Isotope Production
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IP
We have 112 other meanings of IP in our Acronym Attic
- Iraqi Police
- Irish Pennant (Navy slang for loose strings on a uniform)
- Iron Pin (surveying)
- Iron Pipe
- Iron Project
- Irresistible Poison (fanfiction)
- Ischemic Preconditioning
- ISDN Access Port (ITU-T)
- Isolated Personnel (Joint)
- Isolated Platform
- Issue Paper
- Issue Point (various uses)
- Itinerário Principal
- Intellectual Property Australia
- Internet Protocol Basic Call Processing
- IP Next Generation Network (Cisco)
- Internet Protocol Video on Demand (also seen as IPVOD)
- Infection Prevention & Control Department
- Instrumentation Program and Command List
- Instrument Panel And Panel Assembly
Samples in periodicals archive:
EU states should therefore think about using some of the bloc's finances to promote new isotope production, the commission said.
Medical isotope production without highly enriched uranium.
DOE has not yet completed the work that would enable conversion of large-scale medical isotope production to LEU.
Hazeltine said it is encouraging, for example, that "progress in the development of small, portable fusion devices may lead to their use for local PET isotope production and the detection of clandestine materials.
The agency said the team will visit nuclear facilities in the Nyongbyon area of the country, including an isotope production laboratory that the North has said was involved in the early stages of development of the country's nuclear program.
The company is actively looking for ways to reduce its stable isotope production costs and increase yields of high-end stable isotope co-products in an effort to offset the effect of declining prices.