Outcome measures: The outcomes were collected immediately following the training period and included: total and regional lean body mass (LBM), maximal voluntary isometric knee extensor strength at 90[degrees] flexion (KES), objective physical function measures (30-second arm curl, 30-second chair stand, and 50-foot walking) and patient-reported function (The Multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire).
What does IKES stand for?
IKES stands for Isometric Knee Extensor Strength (physical therapy)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IKES
- Installation Kits Electronic Equipment
- Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces (Star Trek)
- Internacia Komerca Ekonomia Fakgrupo (Esperanto: International Specialist Group for Commerce and Economics)
- Industrial Klay Extruder Gun (Kemper product)
- Internationaal Kinder Evangelisatie Genootschap (Dutch: International Child Evangelism Fellowship)
- Irish Knitwear Exporters Guild (Ireland)
- Internacia Komunista Esperantista Kolektivo
- Istanbul Kantinciler Esnaf Odasi (Turkish trade organization)
- Imam Khomeini Education and Research Institute (Iran)
- Ion-Kinetic-Energy Spectroscopy
- Institut für Kern- und Energietechnik
- Internet Key Exchange Version 2
- Intelligent Knowledge Exploration Workbench
- I Know Exactly What You Mean (USENET)
- International Karting Federation
- International Kickboxing Federation
- International Kids Fund
- International Kite Federation
- International Kite Festival
- International Kung Fu Federation
Samples in periodicals archive:
1999) reported that isometric knee extensor strength in girls increased in proportion to the increase in stature and mass in 8-13 y old.