The claim was said to have come from a group led by activist Yasser al-Serri called the Islamic Observation Centre.
What does IOC stand for?
IOC stands for Islamic Observation Centre
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOC
We have 246 other meanings of IOC in our Acronym Attic
- Interoffice Channel
- Intraoperative Cholangiogram
- Intrinsic Order Criterion
- Invasion of Chaos (gaming)
- Inversion of Control (OOP pattern)
- Involuntary Outpatient Civil commitment
- IOTA Occultation Camera (International Occultation Timing Association)
- Iraqi Olympic Committee
- ISDN Ordering Code (Bellcore)
- Islam on Campus
- Initial Operating Capability Date
- Inclusion of Overlap Charges In Omega Technique
- IOC Committee for Training, Education, and Mutual Assistance in the Marine Sciences
- IOC Voluntary Cooperation Program
- Image Object Content Architecture
- In Ovo Carcinogenicity Assay
- Inside Out Community Arts (Los Angeles, CA)
- Interception of Communications Act (UK)
- Intercollegiate Outing Club Association
- International Optimist Class Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The claim that Ken is alive came from Yasser al-Serri, head of the Islamic Observation Centre, said to have good contacts with Islamist groups in Iraq.
Yasser al-Serri, director of the Islamic Observation Centre in London, said last night: 'We were told by mediators in Iraq that the British hostage is still alive.
Mr Al-Siri, who runs the Islamic Observation Centre from his flat in West London, added: "America, Bush and the British authorities try to make a case against me.
Yasser Al Siri, 38, allegedly provided letters of accreditation for the two assassins through his London-based Islamic Observation Centre pressure group.
The Islamic Observation Centre reported the death in a statement e-mailed to The Associated Press in Cairo.
Al Siri allegedly, through his Islamic Observation Centre, provided credentials for the two assassins to pose as journalists and get Pakistan visas.
Ms Suha al-Massari, aged 33, was taken into custody in the Red Sea port of Jeddah upon arrival from London last Monday, the Islamic Observation Centre said in a statement.