It claimed that moderate consumption, defined as one or two glasses of wine a day or the equivalent amounts of beer or other alcoholic beverages, significantly reduces the risk of death from any cause in those who already suffered from ischemic vascular disease.
What does IVD stand for?
IVD stands for Ischemic Vascular Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVD
We have 60 other meanings of IVD in our Acronym Attic
- Intake Valve Deposit
- Integrated Voice and Data
- Interactive Video Disk
- Internal Vapor Deposition
- International Volunteer Day (United Nations)
- Intervertebral Disc
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (canines)
- Intra Vas Device (male contraceptive)
- Intravenous Drip (medicine)
- Ion Vapor Deposition
- Inland Valley Development Agency (California; est. 1990)
- Inter Varsity Dance Association (UK)
- International Voice & Data Association
- Intravenous Drug Abuse (medical)
- In Vitro Diagnostic Advisory Committee
- In Vehicle Data Acquisition System
- Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (Ontario, CA)
- Institute on Violence and Destructive Behavior (University of Oregon; Eugene, OR)
- Internet Vehicle Database
- Inner Vision Development Corp. (est. 2001; Knoxville, TN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He recently wrote that the underlying mechanism linking osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease is not yet fully understood, but "it seems reasonable to presume that the independent association reflects either a direct contribution of ischemic vascular disease to bone turnover or common pathomechanisms acting simultaneously on both bone and vascular cells.
Aastrom's TRC cell products are in clinical trials for the following therapeutic indications: severe bone fractures (US: Phase I/II - multi-center; EU: Phase I/II - multi-center), ischemic vascular disease (EU: Phase I/II), jaw reconstruction (EU: proof of concept trial), and spine fusion (US: Phase I/II - single-center).