Repeat irrigation and debridement of the right thigh was performed.
What does I&D stand for?
I&D stands for Irrigation and Debridement
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I&D
- Incision and Drainage (medicine)
- Inclusion and Diversity (Cisco)
- Innovation and Design
- Innovation and Development
- Inspection and Delivery (manufacturing process)
- Installation & Dismantle (trade show & convention exhibits)
- Integrate and Dump
- Integration and Development
- Intermediate and Depot
- Investigation & Development (various organizations)
- Integration and Development Contractor
- Income & Expense
- Individual and Ensemble (performing arts competitions)
- Inform and Empower
- Information and Education
- Infrastructure and Environment (various organizations)
- Inlets and Exhausts (aircraft)
- Inspection and Evaluation
- Inspiration & Encouragement
- Installations and Environment (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robert Stinson performed an irrigation and debridement procedure during which he made an incision into the wound, drained fluid from it and removed dead skin tissue in order to reduce the swelling and clean the infected area.
On day four of this admission, the patient was taken to the operating room where she underwent arthroscopic irrigation and debridement of the left glenohumeral joint and subacromial space, as well as an open AC joint resection.
The patient underwent irrigation and debridement on May 31,2001.