Likewise they attempt to prop up their vacuous arguments by asking rhetorical and irrelevant questions which nobody can answer like "what formerly independent British colonies want to re-join the UK?
What does IQ stand for?
IQ stands for Irrelevant Question (polygraphy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IQ
We have 10 other meanings of IQ in our Acronym Attic
- Installation Qualification
- Insufficient Quantity
- Insurquote Systems Inc.
- Intelligence Quotient
- Intelligent Question
- Intervencion Quirurgica (Spanish: Surgical Procedure)
- Inverse Quantization
- Investissement Québec (French)
- Invoice Query System (Sprint)
- Iraq (country code, top level domain)
- Issue Queue
- United States miscellaneous Pacific Islands Outlying Areas (including Kingman Reef)
- ISQED (International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design) Quality Award (est. 2007)
- Inverse Quantization and Inverse Zig-Zag Ordering
- Installation Qualification, Operational Qualification, Performance Qualification (validation of equipment)
- Image Quality Analysis (software)
- Incoming Quality Audit
- Independent Quality Assurance
- Installation Quality Audit
- Institute of Quality Assurance (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He says he would, of course -- but he also says that it's an irrelevant question, since he will surely win.
ISLAMABAD -- Pandemonium in the Senate turned the upper house into a regular fish market with a tirade of irrelevant questions, illogical answers and verbal spats dominating the scene.
The IESCO staff encircles our homes, start staring at meters and putting irrelevant questions despite the fact that the meters are installed in the street, said Muhammad Yaqoob, a labourer.
At first glance, that may seem an irrelevant question.
Don't waste my time asking irrelevant questions," said 62-year-old peddler Reza Zohrabi in a Kashan marketplace overflowing with imported Chinese goods.
While others wonder when the TRA will get over its greedy self and allow access to Skype, Kipp thinks it is an irrelevant question.