Bends can be manufactured at angles up to 90 degrees in Iron Pipe Size IPS (iron pipe size) and DIPS (ductile iron pipe size) from 2 to 14 inches.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Iron Pipe Size
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPS
We have 861 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- Invoice Processing System
- Ionospheric Prediction Service (Australian Deptartment of Industry, Science and Resources)
- Iowa Public Service
- IP over SNA Snackets
- IPDS Printer Series (Xerox printer family for the IBM IPDS data stream)
- Iran Press Service
- Iranian Petroleum Standard (engineering)
- Iraqi Police Services
- Irish Philatelic Society (stamps)
- Irish Political Studies (journal; Taylor & Francis)
- Iron Pipe Standard (pipe thread specification)
- Isolated Power Supply
- Isotope Power System
- Israel Prison Service
- Item/Product Specialist
- Ithaca Public Schools (Ithaca, MI)
- Ixplus Production Support (MCI billing program)
- Information Processing System/Airlift Mobility Element
- Internet Protocol to SS7 (Nortel)
- Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sizes range from 3/4-inch and 1-inch copper tube size (CTS) pipe for the municipal water supply industry and 3/4-inch to 63-inch nominal outside diameters in Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS).