Ecumenical News International Dublin Two prominent Northern Ireland clergy chosen to monitor a key part of an internationally-backed peace process say that "beyond any shadow of doubt" the arms of the Irish Republican Army have now been put beyond use.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Irish Republican Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- D-Ribulose-5-Phosphate 3-Epimerase (enzyme)
- Revised 5th Report on the Algorithmic Language Scheme
- Rainbow Six (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six computer game)
- Retention After 60 Minutes
- Rainbow Six Seige (Tom Clancy game)
- Raytheon Six Sigma
- Reflectance at 837 Natural Melanin
- Ruehl N.925 (Abercrombie & Fitch brand)
- Earned Run Average Plus (arcane baseball statistic; used to measure pitching dominance versus the league)
Samples in periodicals archive:
London--In 1976, seven people, members of the Conlon and Maguire families, were imprisoned in London, England, in connection with a 1974 Irish Republican Army attack on a pub in Guildford, Surrey.
JOIN the Irish Republican Army and you will live life to the full.
British intelligence report, referring to the IRA by its official name, the Provisional Irish Republican Army (Washington Times) "There is no evidence whatsoever the IRA had any involvement at all.
The modern Irish Republican Army emerged in the 1970s as a violent Catholic response to what republicans saw as Britain's military occupation.