The Irish Insurance Federation said insurance fraud costs firms in Ireland an estimated [euro]100million-a-year.
What does IIF stand for?
IIF stands for Irish Insurance Federation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IIF
We have 79 other meanings of IIF in our Acronym Attic
- Input Interface
- Institute of International Finance
- Interest Income Fund
- Internal Improvement Fund (Florida)
- Internal Interception Function (telecommunications)
- International Islamic Front
- Interworking Interoperability Function
- Intuit Interchange Format
- Investors Iraq Forum
- Iraqi Intervention Forces
- Islamic Information Foundation
- Imagery Interpretation Facility (Marine Corps)
- Invasion Inhibiting Factor 2
- Inazawa International Friendship Association (Aichi, Japan)
- Indian International Film Award (Sri Lanka)
- Indo-Israel Friendship Association (India and Israel)
- Integrated Icing Forecast Algorithm (US FAA)
- International Indian Film Academy
- International Institute of Fine Arts (various locations)
- Irish International Freight Association (Ireland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But the irony is that while women will be the biggest losers of this ruling, the Irish Insurance Federation has said young men will not necessarily enjoy a corresponding drop in premiums.
THE Irish Insurance Federation has attacked the government in its failings regarding the implementation of the National Road Safety strategy.
The Irish Insurance Federation admitted to us that premiums in certain areas were now being increased because of recent accident history.
Michael Horan, of the Irish Insurance Federation, said: "We advise people to take sensible precautions to prevent further damage to their property, without risking injury.
Now Irish Insurance Federation spokeswoman Carmel Mulroy says bogus claims will be sent straight to the Gardai.
However the Irish Insurance Federation insisted there are no rips offs with spokesman Michael Horan saying the amount of claims in Ireland and huge legal costs are the real reasons for rising insurance costs.
The Irish Insurance Federation said it was the third major weather event to hit Ireland and cause an influx of claims in a 14-month period.