The Irish Anti-Vivisection Society is urging people to speak up as part of the health department's deliberation on experimentation laws.
What does IAVS stand for?
IAVS stands for Irish Anti-Vivisection Society (Wicklow, Ireland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IAVS
We have 2 other meanings of IAVS in our Acronym Attic
- International Association for Voting Systems Sciences
- Illegal Aliens Vs. Predator (video)
- Image Analysis and In-Vivo Pharmacology (professional conference; est. 2005)
- Indian Association of Veterinary Pathologists (est. 1974)
- Indian Association of Veterinary Public Health Specialists (India)
- International Association of Virtual Reality Technologies (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Institut pour l'Application et la Vulgarisation des Sciences (French: Institute of Applications and Science Popularization; Burkina Faso)
- Integrated Aqua-Vegiculture System
- International Association for Vegetation Science
- International Association for Visual Semiotics
- International Association for Vehicle System Dynamics (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Improved Airborne Video Tape Recorder
- Integrated Audio Visual Transmitter Receiver
- International Airways Volcano Watch
- I Agree With
- If and When
- Ill At Will (Canadian dance group)
- Illinois American Water (utility)
- Image Analysis Workstation
- Images against War
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spokesman for the Irish Anti-Vivisection Society said conducting experiments without using painkillers was "cruel and unnecessary".
Figures from the Health Department, which licences animal experiments, have alarmed the Irish Anti-vivisection Society (Iavs).