Two RAF Chinooks and Irish Air Corps AgustaWestland helicopters were being used for essential food drops in parts of Counties Antrim and Down where snow drifts topping 20ft left livetsock stranded.
What does IAC stand for?
IAC stands for Irish Air Corps
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IAC
We have 595 other meanings of IAC in our Acronym Attic
- Interstate Access Charge
- Interstate Assurance Company
- Interstate Athletic Conference
- Intertribal Agricultural Council
- Investment Advice Certificate
- Investment Advisory Committee
- Investors Association of Canada
- Iowa Arts Council
- Iraq Action Coalition
- Iraqi Assistance Center
- Irving Arts Center (Irving, TX)
- ISDN Access Controller
- Islamic Association of China
- Island Arts Centre (Ireland)
- Israel Action Committee (various locations)
- Israeli American Council (various locations)
- Israeli Awareness Commission
- Issue Attention Cycle (Anthony Downs environmental model)
- Issuer Action Code(s)
- It's A Crime (game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This week, Monty sets out with the Irish Air Corps to observe whales, before being called out to rescue a stranded basking shark.
The sovereign - wearing a green hat and coat - and the Duke of Edinburgh were escorted down the red carpet at Baldonnel aerodrome to a motorcade, past an Irish Air Corps guard of honour to accept flowers from eight-year-old Rachel Fox, from Dun Laoghaire, south Dublin.
The Qatar Armed Forces becomes the third operator of military-configured AW139 helicopters following the Irish Air Corps and UAE Armed Forces.
May 11, 2009 Irish Air Corps The Irish Air Corps is a small organisation, with about 850 personnel and fewer than 30 aircraft, including two dedicated to VIP transport duties.
The Irish Air Corps is selling off its remaining Alouet te choppers which first entered service more than 40 YEARS ago.
In addition, there were two types from the Irish Air Corps, a French Air Force transport together with a full routine performance by this year's RAF Hawk display pilot.
An Irish Air Corps fly-over of light military aircraft and the Government Lear Jet drew loud applause and cheers.