From May to August 2003, with the start of the Iraq War, he served in Baghdad as director of governance for the Coalition Provisional Authority, the Iraqi transitional government formed to take over after Saddam Hussein's ouster.
What does ITG stand for?
ITG stands for Iraqi Transitional Government
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ITG
We have 123 other meanings of ITG in our Acronym Attic
- Interconnector Turkey-Greece Project
- Interim Transition Guidance
- Internal Telecommunications Group
- International Takhi Group (Mongolian Wild Horse Conservation)
- International Technical Group (control branding)
- International Trumpet Guild
- Internet Technology Group
- Internet Telephony Gateway
- Internet Tough Guy
- Investment Technology Group
- Irish Traction Group (train preservation organization; est. 1989)
- Istituto Tecnico per Geometri (Italian: Technical Institute for Surveyors)
- It Takes Guts
- IT-Gymnasiet (Swedish: IT Senior High School; AcadeMedia)
- Instituut Tropische Geneeskunde Antwerpen (Dutch: Institute of Tropical Medicine Antwerp; Belgium)
- Integrated Trace Gas Analyzer
- International Tobacco Growers' Association
- Islamic Transitional Government of Afghanistan
- Israel Tour Guides Association
- Integrin AlphaL
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was chosen as the head of the Iraqi Transitional Government in 2005 and as president a year later.
Based on the timetable laid out in the Transitional Administrative Law (TAL), the IIG governed Iraq until elections were held on January 30, 2005; thereafter, the Iraqi Transitional Government assumed authority.
24- 29), envisaged an Iraqi Transitional Government (ITG) (Art.
GOVERNMENT: The Iraqi transitional government, headed by Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari, will rule until a permanent government is elected.
Article 25 reads: "The Iraqi Transitional Government shall have exclusive competence in managing the natural resources of Iraq".
The Iraqi transitional government will include a national assembly, a presidency council, a council of ministers including a prime minister, and a judiciary.