The two parties discussed ways of co-operation and co-ordination between the Bahraini and Iraqi Olympic committees and ways to improve sports in both countries.
What does IOC stand for?
IOC stands for Iraqi Olympic Committee
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOC
We have 246 other meanings of IOC in our Acronym Attic
- International Ozone Commission
- Internet Operation Center
- Internet Operations Center (IETF)
- Interoffice Channel
- Intraoperative Cholangiogram
- Intrinsic Order Criterion
- Invasion of Chaos (gaming)
- Inversion of Control (OOP pattern)
- Involuntary Outpatient Civil commitment
- IOTA Occultation Camera (International Occultation Timing Association)
- ISDN Ordering Code (Bellcore)
- Islam on Campus
- Islamic Observation Centre
- Initial Operating Capability Date
- Inclusion of Overlap Charges In Omega Technique
- IOC Committee for Training, Education, and Mutual Assistance in the Marine Sciences
- IOC Voluntary Cooperation Program
- Image Object Content Architecture
- In Ovo Carcinogenicity Assay
- Inside Out Community Arts (Los Angeles, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The decision to give the Gulf Cup to Bahrain instead of Basra was unfair and unjust," said Munis Abdullah, a senior member of the Iraqi Olympic Committee in Baghdad.
The Iraqi Olympic Committee is going ahead with its decision to dissolve the national football federation," Sameer al-Musawi, the committee's financial secretary, told Aswat al-Iraq news agency.
At this stage it was up to the Iraqi Olympic Committee to take over.
The legal official in Baghdad, who asked not to be named, said those released also included Hossam Mohammad Amin, head of the weapons inspections directorate; Aseel Tabra, an Iraqi Olympic Committee official under Saddam's late son Odai; Gen.
Faisel, who had yet to compete in or show aptitude for any winter sport, says he appealed for help from the Iraqi Olympic Committee and other Olympic-level sports federations in a handful of countries, but they offered little aid.
Anwaya also said the Iraqi Olympic committee will reward its athletes with $25,000 for a gold medal, $15,000 for silver and $10,000 for bronze.
CAPTION(S): Iraqi Olympic Committee official Talib Mutan with a steel chamber with interior spikes at Al-Shaab stadium, Baghdad.