From 2005 to 2008 I lived in New York City and gave much of my time to Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) and a group called Military Resistance.
What does IVAW stand for?
IVAW stands for Iraq Veterans Against the War
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Intracorporeal Ventricular Assist System (heart pump)
- Inward Voice Activated Services
- Interim Versatile Acoustic Signal Processor
- Intravenous Aspirin
- Improved Video Annotation Timer
- Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (San Diego, CA)
- International Ventures And Travel (New York, NY)
- Idaho Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association
- Influenza Vaccine Availability Tracking System (American Medical Association; Chicago, IL)
- Independent Verification and Validation
- Interior Value Added Wood Association
- International Violence Against Women Survey
- Industrial Vax (Dec Computer)
- British Virgin Islands (International Olympic Committee Code)
- Department of Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals (World Health Organization)
- Independent Verification Body
- Influenza Virus B (immunologu)
- Inner Vascular Bundle
- Intermediate Vector Boson (particle physics)
- Intraventricular Block (cardiology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Iraq Veterans Against the War planned a day of protests before joining musician Tom Morello at the Petrillo Band shell for a concert in Grant Park.
Dottie Guy of Iraq Veterans Against the War said Olsen can now read and write but still has trouble talking.
Several anti-war organizations participated in the march including veteran groups like the Iraq Veterans Against the War -- marked by their black t-shirts and military khakis - and Veterans for Peace and Arab and Muslim groups including the National Council of Arab Americans and the Muslim American Society Freedom.
Bateman is stateside now, devoting her considerable energies to membership in Iraq Veterans Against the War, including duties as secretary-treasurer of the District of Cohunbia chapter.
Obama ran his campaign around the idea the war was not legitimate, but it sends a very different message when you bring in people who supported the war from the beginning," Kelly Dougherty, executive director for Iraq Veterans Against the War, told reporters.