99m]Tc-DTPA, which can overestimate or underestimate GFR measured by urinary clearance of iothalamate (17,23).
What does IOT stand for?
IOT stands for Iothalamate (radiopaque agent)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOT
We have 62 other meanings of IOT in our Acronym Attic
- International Office Technologies (Eagan, MN)
- Internet of Things
- Interoffice Transfer
- Interoffice Trunk
- Interoperability Testing
- Interoperability Training
- Intervening Operational Tour (US Air Force)
- Intraocular Tension
- Intubacion Oro Traqueal (Spanish: Oral-Tracheal Intubation)
- Investors of Tomorrow
- Issue Organizing Teams (Progressive Democrats of America)
- It's Only Temporary
- Independent Operational Test and Evaluation (US FAA)
- Initial Operational Test & Evaluation
- Initial Operational Test & Evaluation Readiness Demonstration Plan
- Icons of the Apocalypse
- Identifiers for Organizations for Telecommunications Addressing (British Standards Institute)
- Illinois Occupational Therapy Association
- Illuminates of Thanateros America
- Inbound/Outbound Traffic Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
MEASUREMENTS: GFR, measured as the clearance of exogenous filtration markers (iothalamate in the development data set; iothalamate and other markers in the validation data set), and linear regression to estimate the logarithm of measured GFR from standardized creatinine levels, sex, race, and age.
Iothalamate is a radiopaque imaging media that has been used extensively in research and clinical practice for GFR determination (5-8).
41) in a pivotal study in which cystatin C was compared with GFR measured by iothalamate clearance.
3) recently proposed a composite GFR estimation based on both serum creatinine (sCr) and cysC, highly correlated with the results of 204 iothalamate clearance determinations in patients with diseases of the native (non-transplanted) kidney.
On the other hand, trends in the reciprocal of cystatin C concentrations during a 4-year follow-up correlated more closely to changes in urinary iothalamate clearance than C-G and MDRD in type 2 diabetic patients with normal or increased GFR (37).
Materials and Methods for Estimating GFR GFR cannot be measured by direct means, but it can be assessed by measuring the urinary clearance of exogenous filtration markers such as inulin, iohexol, or iothalamate (5-7).