But Dr Phil Wilkinson, assistant director with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology's Ionospheric Prediction Service, said that the claims that this coming solar maximum will be the most violent in 100 years are not factual.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Ionospheric Prediction Service (Australian Deptartment of Industry, Science and Resources)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPS
We have 861 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- Intrusion Prevention Software (various companies)
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Inventive Problem Solving
- Inverse Positioning System
- Inverter Power Supply
- Investment Policy Statement
- Investment Products and Services
- Invision Power Board (PHP/MySQL message board software)
- Invision Power Services, Inc.
- Invoice Processing System
- Iowa Public Service
- IP over SNA Snackets
- IPDS Printer Series (Xerox printer family for the IBM IPDS data stream)
- Iran Press Service
- Iranian Petroleum Standard (engineering)
- Iraqi Police Services
- Irish Philatelic Society (stamps)
- Irish Political Studies (journal; Taylor & Francis)
- Iron Pipe Size
- Iron Pipe Standard (pipe thread specification)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They are suggesting that the whole composition and chemistry of the thermosphere might have changed and they way we come out of this solar minimum will tell us how it's changed," ABC Science quoted Dr Phil Wilkinson, of the Ionospheric Prediction Service, with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, as saying.