According to Robert Provine, author of "Laughter: A Scientific Investigation" and a psychology professor at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, tagging ill-timed outbursts of laughing or crying an involuntary emotional expression disorder isn't quite right.
What does IEED stand for?
IEED stands for Involuntary Emotional Expression Disorder
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IEED
We have 1 other meaning of IEED in our Acronym Attic
- Integral-Equation Equivalent Circuit (electronics)
- Integrated Electronics Engineering Center (Binghamton University; Binghamton, NY)
- International Entrepreneurship Educators Conference (UK)
- Institute of Earth Environment, of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Electrical Engineering of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- International Conference on Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings
- Innovations in Engineering Education, Curriculum and Infrastructure
- Insight Environmental Engineering and Construction, Inc. (Anaheim, CA)
- Indo-European Etymological Dictionary (Leiden University; Netherlands; research project)
- Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (Lancaster University Management School; UK)
- Office of Indian Energy and Economic Development (US DOI)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (technology advancement organization)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers high speed serial bus standard (aka FireWire and i.Link)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Local Area Network Standards
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Global Travel Services
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Professional Development Institute
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers-Standard Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers - Standards Association Standards Board
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers/Association for Computing Machinery (joint effort)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computer Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
Involuntary emotional expression disorder (IEED) is also known as pseudobulbar affect and pathologic laughing or crying.
Abstract: Involuntary crying or laughing are symptoms of a condition known as involuntary emotional expression disorder (IEED).