Some exacerbations are treatable at home, while others require endotracheal intubation and invasive positive pressure ventilation in the ICU.
What does IPPV stand for?
IPPV stands for Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IPPV
- Integrated Process and Product Team
- Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association
- International Pilot Project for Technology Co-operation
- Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks Copyrights in a Nutshell (book)
- l'Initiative Pays Pauvre Très Endetté (French: Highly Indebted Poor Countries)
- International Pulp Paper & Tissue Forum
- Integrated Product and Process Teams
- Impulse Pay-Per-View
- Interactive Pay Per View
- Intermittent Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Indiana Partnership to Prevent Violent Injury and Death
- In the Presence of Positive Women (Concord, NH)
- International Planetary Probe Workshop
- Isolated Pyloric Pressure Wave (gastroenterology)
- Improving Program Quality (Washington Regional Action Project)
- Incoming Product Quality
- Ingegneria Prodotto Qualità
- initial parts qualification
- Instituto Portugues da Qualidade (Portugese)
- Intellectual Property Quotient
Samples in periodicals archive:
Only 11 patients achieved 24-hour independence from invasive positive pressure ventilation (in some cases short-lived), and 7 of these patients still required non-invasive ventilatory support (3 rocking bed, 2 BiPAP, 1 Cuirass ventilator, 1 oxygen via tracheostomy).