An intraventricular catheter was used to remove blood from the brain and patients were then randomized to receive through the catheter either rTPA 3 mg or saline placebo every 12 hours.
What does IVC stand for?
IVC stands for Intraventricular Catheter
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVC
We have 164 other meanings of IVC in our Acronym Attic
- International Viola Congress (music)
- International Vocal Competition (Netherlands)
- Internet Video Communication
- Internet Video Company (various locations)
- Internet Voice Chat
- Intervehicular Communication
- Intravascular Free-Floating Tumor Cluster
- Intravenous Cannula (obstetrics)
- Intravenous Cholangiography
- Intravenous Vitamin C
- Involuntary Commitment
- Irvine Valley College (California)
- Islamic Vacation Course
- Inferior Vena Cava and Inferior Left Atrium
- Illinois Venture Capital Association (Chicago, Illinois)
- Indian Venture Capital Association (India)
- Industrias Venoco, CA (Venezuelan oil company)
- International Venture Capital Association (finance)
- International Veterinary Chiropractic Association (Germany)
- International Visual Communications Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although other routes may be used to diagnose or monitor intracranial pressure (ICP) only the intraventricular catheter has therapeutic capabilities through its ability to divert CSF.
I know many nurses who have talked a first year resident through irrigating an intraventricular catheter that were more knowledgeable than that resident.