The babies were kept in incubators and received intravenous nutrition during the first few weeks after their birth, setting the daily cost of health care at Dh30,000.
What does IVN stand for?
IVN stands for Intravenous Nutrition
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVN
We have 22 other meanings of IVN in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligent Visual Medical System
- iView Management System (Next Tone)
- International Verification Methods Workshop
- Industry Value Network
- Integrated Voice Network
- Interactive Video Network
- International Video Network (San Ramon, CA)
- Internationale Vereniging voor Neerlandistiek
- Intervening Networks
- In Vivo Neutron Activation Analysis (clinical medicine)
- Instructive Visiting Nurse Association
- In Vivo Neutron Activation Analysis
- International Vacuum Nanoelectronics Conference
- Isolated Ventricular Non-Compaction
- In Vivo Neutron Capture Analysis
- Interessenverband Neue Medien (Germany: New Media Pool)
- Instituut Voor Nieuw Ondernemerschap (Dutch: New Institute for Entrepreneurship; Netherlands)
- Immuno Video Nephelometer System
- In-Vehicle Navigation System
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the meeting, Olson also said similar problems threatened a wide variety of devices, ranging from compounders, which prepare intravenous drugs and intravenous nutrition, to picture archiving systems associated with diagnostic equipment, including massive $500,000 magnetic resonance imaging devices.
Our approach with these patients was to reduce or suspend their immunosuppression and provide supportive intensive care, including intubation with mechanical ventilation and intravenous nutrition.
In the September-October JOURNAL OF PARENTERAL AND ENTERAL NUTRITION, his team reports on a pilot study of 15 volunteers with gastrointestinal problems who were receiving intravenous nutrition.
One week after this third surgical procedure, an Infant Bioethics Committee meeting was called to address the question whether Baby G's family should be offered the option of placement of a large, central intravenous line for total parenteral intravenous nutrition (TPN) for the child.