HR 1845 provides for a demonstration project to examine the benefits of providing coverage and payment for items and services necessary to administer intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) in the home for patients with PIDD.
What does IVIG stand for?
IVIG stands for Intravenous Immunoglobulin
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVIG
- International Visitors Information Center (San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau; San Diego, CA)
- Interactive Visual Information Collections and Activity
- Centro de Investigación de La Vid y El Vino de Castilla-La Mancha (Spanish: Vine and Wine Research Center of Castilla-La Mancha)
- Interactive Visualizer and Image Classifier for Satellites (NASA)
- Independent Visually Impaired Enterprisers (various locations)
- Innovative Video in Education
- Interactive Video for International Education
- Indice Valori Immobiliari Fiaip (Italian: Index Securities)
- International Varanid Interest Group (lizards)
- International Virtual Institute of Global Change (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro; Brazil)
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin - Nanofiltered
- Indirect Vacuum Injection Method
- Internationale Vereinigung Intergeschlechtlicher Menschen (German: International Association of Intergender People)
- Intravoxel Incoherent Motion
- Instituto de la Vivienda de Madrid
- Instituut voor Individueel Onderwijs (Dutch: Institute for Individual Education)
- Instituut voor Individuele Ontwikkeling (Dutch: Institute for Individual Development; est. 1936; Netherlands)
- International Volunteers in the Parks
- Instituut Voor Informatierecht
- Information Visualization Interfaces for Retrieval and Analysis
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the 1980s, the first-line therapy for most PI patients has been intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg), in which immunoglobulin is delivered through a needle into the vein.
TORONTO -- Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy reduced brain atrophy in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease in a small phase II trial.
Some neurologists recommend intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) for these people, although a study of this treatment at the Mayo Clinic had inconclusive results.
Early administration of activated protein C to minimize purpuric skin injury may be indicated, as well as intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (which contains significant antibodies against the causative exotoxins), they noted.
Gradually the patient's paralysis resolved with intravenous immunoglobulin therapy.
A 60-year-old white woman had been previously diagnosed with CVID, and she had been receiving intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy once a month for the previous 5 years.
Two thousand kilos of intravenous immunoglobulin are needed annually for UK patients with immune disorders and 120,000 bottles of Anti-D immunoglobulin are required to protect unborn babies with a form of blood disease.