The primary outcome measure was the change in pancreatic beta cell function as determined by the disposition index (defined as the product of insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity) after an intravenous glucose tolerance test.
What does IGTT stand for?
IGTT stands for Intravenous Glucose Tolerance Test (endocrinology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IGTT
We have 2 other meanings of IGTT in our Acronym Attic
- International Galapagos Tour Operators Association
- Irish Golf Tour Operators Association (aka Ireland Golf Tour Operators Association; est. 1996)
- Intra-Governmental Transaction Portal (US Department of the Interior; Washington, DC)
- India Gateway Terminal Pvt. Ltd. (Willingdon Island, India)
- Indo German Tool Room (Ahmedabad, India)
- International Game Theory Review (journal)
- Impaired Glucose-Tolerant Subjects (fructose studies)
- International Gujarati Trade Show (India)
- Internet Goes to School
- Impaired Glucose Tolerance Test
- Invasively Growing Trophoblastic Tumor (oncology)
- Institute of Geophysics Tehran University (Iran)
- Institute of Geology at Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- International Good Templar Youth Federation
- I Give Up
- I Got U
- Iguassu Falls, Parana, Brazil (Airport Code)
- Income Generating Unit (various organizations)
- Indian Geophysical Union
- Insulated Glass Units (windows)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One example of the many approaches that have been used for this purpose is to take the acute insulin response to intravenous glucose as the measure of insulin secretion and relate that value to insulin sensitivity as estimated by the frequently sampled intravenous glucose tolerance test (14).
Insulin sensitivity was assessed at 19 and 34-36 weeks gestation using an intravenous glucose tolerance test.
Study participants completed a 75-g oral glucose tolerance test and a frequently sampled intravenous glucose tolerance test before and after the intervention.
Among other investigations, these studies involve intravenous glucose tolerance tests and pancreatic perfusion studies -- Dr.
Beta-cell dysfunction in subjects with impaired glucose tolerance and early type 2 diabetes: comparison of surrogate markers with first-phase insulin secretion from an intravenous glucose tolerance test.
They should have normal glucose metabolism as measured by an intravenous glucose tolerance test, and they should be autoantibody negative.