Everyone was excellent, in particular Will Lake, the male staff nurse who administered intravenous antibiotics and also took her blood for various tests.
What does IVAB stand for?
IVAB stands for Intravenous Antibiotics
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- International Voice Association
- Interop Vendor Alliance (Microsoft)
- Interventricolare Anteriore (Italian)
- Intraoperative Vascular Angiography
- Intravehicular Activity
- Isovaleric Acidemia
- Israel Venture Association
- Iterative Viterbi Algorithm
- International Virtual Assistants Association
- International Virtual Assistants Association Certified Virtual Assistant (certification)
- Institute of Veterinary Animal and Biomedical Sciences (New Zealand)
- Illinois Vaccine Awareness Coalition (Oak Park, IL)
- Independent Venezuelan American Citizens
- Indus Valley Ayurvedic Centre (Karnataka, India)
- Insert Valid Access Card (satellite TV hacking)
- Integrated Valve Actuator (Norgren)
- Inter-Varsity AIDS Conference (University Malaya; Malaysia)
- International Vaccine Access Center (John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health; Baltimore, MD)
- International Video & Audio Convention
- Islington Voluntary Action Council (England, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Opened in September this year, the new facility at Wansbeck General means patients who would previously have been admitted as inpatients are now treated more quickly, as day cases for things like blood transfusions and intravenous antibiotics.
Intravenous antibiotics are continued until the pyrexia subsides, after which they should be administered orally for a total of 6 weeks, or until infective markers have normalised.
It is treated with high-dose intravenous antibiotics and in severe cases it can be fatal.
Intravenous medicines need to be given by a healthcare professional, such as a nurse, and in some cases it is only the need for intravenous antibiotics that keeps a person in hospital when they are otherwise medically fit to go home.
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] The patient was admitted for surgical excision, and intravenous antibiotics were started.