All patients in both groups who did not go into spontaneous labour after 48 hours were categorised as 'failed labour induction' and together with the women with post-term pregnancies of [greater than or equal to]40 weeks and 10 days managed according to our departmental protocol of cervical ripening and labour induction (transcervical Foley catheter or intravaginal misoprostol) to ensure delivery before 42 weeks' gestation.
What does IVAG stand for?
IVAG stands for Intravaginal (obstetrics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of IVAG in our Acronym Attic
- Improved Van Air Climate Control System
- International Vitamin A Consultative Group
- Immigrant Visa Applicant Control System
- Intelligent Vehicle Access Control System
- Inter-Varietal Applied Corpus Studies (international conference)
- Implanted Vascular Access Device
- Integrated Voice and Data
- International Veterinary Acupuncture Directory
- Intracorporeal Ventricular Assist Device
- Intravascular Ventricular Assist Device
- Indian Valley Animal Hospital (Souderton, PA)
- Inadequate Vitamin A Intake
- International Vocal Arts Institute
- Israel Vocal Arts Institute
- International Visual Arts Information Network (London, UK)
- Institut Valencià de La Joventut (Spain)
- Integrated Visual Approach and Landing Aids
- In Vivo Activated Lymphoid Cells
- Istituto per la Valorizzazione del Legno e delle Specie Arboree (Italian)
- Institut Valencià d'Art Modern (Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): A new study has suggested that some intravaginal practices used by women, such as washing the vagina with soap, may increase the acquisition of HIV infection and should be avoided.
Both progesterone and its synthetics, when administered orally, by implantation or by means of intravaginal sponges, exert negative feedback on LH secretion so that the endocrine events that lead to the maturation of ovarian preovulatory follicles and their subsequent ovulation are inhibited (Hansel and Convey, 1983).
But the most exciting work in this area involves the use of intravaginal dehy-droepiandrosterone (DHEA) capsules (prasterone), according to Dr.
Intravaginal washes during labour with chlorhexidine, a commonly available wide-spectrum microbicide, have been proposed as a cheap, simple, and accessible intervention that could potentially reduce neonatal and maternal postpartum sepsis in developing countries.
Issued 2/13/07 Patented is an array of disposable intravaginal absorbent articles.
At the 30-mg dose, the drug tripled the intravaginal ejaculatory latency time (IELT), compared with baseline, from 0.