Universal screening at 35-37 weeks' gestation and the use of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis as recommended in the original and updated guidelines is credited for this improvement, but the rates of maternal colonization, and therefore the risk of early-onset disease in the absence of intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis, has remained unchanged since the 1970s.
What does IAP stand for?
IAP stands for Intrapartum Antibiotic Prophylaxis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IAP
We have 401 other meanings of IAP in our Acronym Attic
- International Association for Paratuberculosis, Inc.
- International Association of Pancreatology
- International Association of Prosecutors
- International Awareness Promotion (BMW)
- Internet Access Plus
- Internet Access Provider
- Internet Application Platform (software)
- Interuniversity Attraction Poles (Belgium)
- Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase
- Intra-Abdominal Pressure
- Invasive Aquatic Plants (various organizations)
- Investigacion Accion Participativa (Spanish: Participatory Action Research)
- Investment Advisory Panel (various organizations)
- Ion Activity Product(s)
- ISDN Adjunct Processor
- Islamic Association for Palestine
- ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) Analyst Performance Program
- Istituto dell'Autodisciplina Pubblicitaria (advertising self-regulation; Italy)
- Intracisternal A Particle Long Terminal Repeat Promoter
- Inhibitor of Apoptosis 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the 1990s, prevention efforts involving intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis dramatically lowered the incidence of disease (17).
Only 21% of mothers of infants with early-onset GBS disease had received intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis, according to the study.
Because the PCR techniques were similar in accuracy, the researchers said they preferred the newer test because its speed would allow more time for intrapartum antibiotic prophylaxis to be given.