Other diagnostic tests like Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP), Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and Intraoperative cholangiogram can be more accurate in the diagnosis of this condition.
What does IOC stand for?
IOC stands for Intraoperative Cholangiogram
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOC
We have 246 other meanings of IOC in our Acronym Attic
- International Oceanographic Commission
- International Oil Company
- International Oil Corporation (Nevada)
- International Olive Council
- International Olympic Committee
- International Outsourcing Company (Tunisia)
- International Ozone Commission
- Internet Operation Center
- Internet Operations Center (IETF)
- Interoffice Channel
- Intrinsic Order Criterion
- Invasion of Chaos (gaming)
- Inversion of Control (OOP pattern)
- Involuntary Outpatient Civil commitment
- IOTA Occultation Camera (International Occultation Timing Association)
- Iraqi Olympic Committee
- ISDN Ordering Code (Bellcore)
- Islam on Campus
- Islamic Observation Centre
- Initial Operating Capability Date
Samples in periodicals archive:
If an intraoperative cholangiogram is needed during pregnancy, a lead shield should be employed to protect the gravid uterus, and fluoroscopy should be used selectively, Dr.
And I always obtain an intraoperative cholangiogram if I'm unable to clearly delineate the anatomy.
Attempting to perform a dynamic fluoroscopic intraoperative cholangiogram added a median of 3 minutes or a mean of 4 minutes to laparoscopic cholecystectomy in a series of 52 consecutive patients undergoing urgent or elective procedures, he said at an international congress of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons.
Flum and his associates at the University of Washington, Seattle, found that intraoperative cholangiograms (IOCs) had been performed in 613,706 (39%) of 1,570,361 patients nationwide who had a cholecystectomy in 1992-1999.