8 months) randomly assigned to receive either an intraocular lens or contact lens after cataract surgery.
What does IOL stand for?
IOL stands for Intraocular Lens (artificial insert)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOL
We have 56 other meanings of IOL in our Acronym Attic
- Installation Management Agency Online (US Army financial system)
- Instant On Lighting
- Institute of Licensing (London, UK)
- Institute of Linguists
- Insurance Ombudsman of Ireland
- Integrity Online (ISP)
- Inter-Organisational Learning
- Intermittent Operating Life (electronics)
- Interoperability Lab
- InterOperability Laboratory (University of New Hampshire)
- Inventory on Loan
- Ireland On Line
- Israel Online
- It's Only Love (Beatles song)
- Italia On Line
- Input/Output Link Adapter
- Institute of Our Lady of the Annunciation (est. 1960; Italy)
- Interest on Lawyer Account
- Ionization of the Local Atmosphere (electric rainmaking)
- Islamic Organization of Latin America (Argentina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
They begin with a history of refractive lens surgery, then discuss such topics as patient evaluation and counseling, clear lens extraction, pre-operative measurements and intraocular lens calculations, various types of intraocular lenses, polypseudophakia, future technology, the surgical management of astigmatism, reimbursement, and economics.