A number of additional strategies, including acute normovolaemic haemodilution, intra-operative blood salvage and reinfusion, iron and folate supplementation are also utilized to avoid blood transfusion.
What does IOBS stand for?
IOBS stands for Intra-Operative Blood Salvage (blood transfusion)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IOBS
- Into the Ocean By Mistake
- Indian Overseas Bank Officers Association (Hyderabad, India)
- Independence One Bank of California (Beverly Hills)
- Institute of Business Publications (trade publisher)
- Inter-Organizational Business Process
- International Organization of Plant Biosystematists
- Input Output Buffer Register
- International Observer Bill of Rights (Association for Professional Observers)
- Illinois Office of Banks and Real Estate
- Information Operations Battle Staff
- Isle of Bute Sailing Club (UK)
- International Organization of Black Security Executives (San Mateo, CA)
- Idaho-Oregon Buddhist Temple
- Internet of Battle-Field Things
- Internet of Broken Things
- Inside-Outside Bird Washer (food processing)
- Illinois Online Conference (now Illinois Online Conference)
- Images-On-Call (teleradiology system)
- Imitation of Christ
- Immediate or Cancel (trade order)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Intra-operative blood salvage and auto-transfusion appeared to be a viable alternative to ABT, and are now largely viewed as safe and efficacious (Seigne, et al.