The luminal, intimal and medial cross-sectional areas of the arteries were measured and the index defined as intimal/medial area ratio was calculated from these measurements.
What does I/M stand for?
I/M stands for Intimal/Medial (ratio)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of I/M
We have 59 other meanings of I/M in our Acronym Attic
- Implementation/Installation Plan
- Interservice Industry Training Systems Conference
- Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (est. 1966)
- Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation, and Education Conference
- Index of Kyphosis (ratio of thoracic width and length)
- Instructor/Key Personnel
- Import Licence
- Incidence/Mortality (ratio)
- Inspection and Maintenance
- Intromission to Mounting (sexual activity)
- Intermediate/Medium-Range Ballistic Missile
- Injured/Non-Injured (ratio)
- Interference to Noise Ratio
- Intergraph/Network File Manager
- Idiot Operator (as in an I/O error) :-)
- In Out
- Inboard/Outboard (engine inboard, drive unit outboard)
- Income/Outcome (game)
- Industrial/Organizational (psychology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Comparison of the control group and the two study groups in terms of intimal/medial area ratios revealed a significant drop in both study groups.