He was diagnosed with intervertebral disc disease as a result of which he could not walk or stand.
What does IVD stand for?
IVD stands for Intervertebral Disc Disease (canines)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVD
We have 60 other meanings of IVD in our Acronym Attic
- Indelible Vision Design (Boston, MA)
- Indirect View Display (military aviation)
- Innovative Veterinary Diet (Royal Canin)
- Inside Vapor Deposition
- Intake Valve Deposit
- Integrated Voice and Data
- Interactive Video Disk
- Internal Vapor Deposition
- International Volunteer Day (United Nations)
- Intervertebral Disc
- Intra Vas Device (male contraceptive)
- Intravenous Drip (medicine)
- Ion Vapor Deposition
- Ischemic Vascular Disease
- Inland Valley Development Agency (California; est. 1990)
- Inter Varsity Dance Association (UK)
- International Voice & Data Association
- Intravenous Drug Abuse (medical)
- In Vitro Diagnostic Advisory Committee
- In Vehicle Data Acquisition System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Intervertebral disc disease is a slipped disc in the spinal cord that often leaves an animal unable to move or feel sensation in their limbs.
com)-- Techel's dog Frankie was diagnosed with Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD) in 2006 which resulted in partial paralysis.
Melbourne, Australia, Sep 10, 2009 - (ABN Newswire) - Australia's regenerative medicine company, Mesoblast Limited (ASX:MSB)(PINK:MBLTY), today announced highly successful preclinical trial results of its adult stem cells in the treatment of degenerative intervertebral disc disease, the leading cause of low back pain.