39 R857 Contributors from the research side--materials science and engineering--from the application side--orthopedic surgery and pathology--and from intermediate areas--tissue engineering and biomechanics--consider fundamentals of biomaterials for spinal surgery, spinal fusion and intervertebral discs, vertebroplasty and scoliosis surgery, and regenerative medicine in the spine.
What does IVD stand for?
IVD stands for Intervertebral Disc
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of IVD
We have 60 other meanings of IVD in our Acronym Attic
- Incomplete Vehicle Document
- Indelible Vision Design (Boston, MA)
- Indirect View Display (military aviation)
- Innovative Veterinary Diet (Royal Canin)
- Inside Vapor Deposition
- Intake Valve Deposit
- Integrated Voice and Data
- Interactive Video Disk
- Internal Vapor Deposition
- International Volunteer Day (United Nations)
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (canines)
- Intra Vas Device (male contraceptive)
- Intravenous Drip (medicine)
- Ion Vapor Deposition
- Ischemic Vascular Disease
- Inland Valley Development Agency (California; est. 1990)
- Inter Varsity Dance Association (UK)
- International Voice & Data Association
- Intravenous Drug Abuse (medical)
- In Vitro Diagnostic Advisory Committee
Samples in periodicals archive:
The intervertebral disc degeneration is responsible for syndromes such as chronic low back pain or neck pain that affects a large proportion of the adult population.
The Phase 2 trial will build on preclinical results which showed that six months after a single lowdose injection of Mesoblast's allogeneic MPCs into severely damaged intervertebral discs there was dramatic reversal of the degenerative process, regrowth of disc cartilage, and sustained normalization of disc pathology, anatomy and function.
When surgical intervention is necessary, spinal fusion or Artificial Intervertebral Disc (AID) implantation are performed.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] IMAGING FINDINGS X-rays of the dorsal spine showed no obvious lytic vertebral lesions, and the intervertebral disc spaces were normal.