1,2) Recent evidence indicates that the vast majority of these gastrointestinal stromal tumors are not true smooth muscle tumors, but arise from a cell that is phenotypically related to the interstitial cell of Cajal and share c-Kit (CD117; stem cell factor receptor) expression.
What does ICC stand for?
ICC stands for Interstitial Cell of Cajal
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ICC
We have 1147 other meanings of ICC in our Acronym Attic
- Internet Cubaweb Communications Corp. (Cuba)
- Internet Customer Care
- Internode Communication Channel
- Internode Communications Channel (SMP)
- Interoceanic Canal Commission
- Interoperability Certification Committee
- Intersegmental Coordinating Committee
- Intersite Communications Component
- Interstate Coin Club
- Interstate Commerce Commission (US)
- Intra Cluster Communication
- Intra-Class Correlation (organizational research)
- Intraatomic Correlation Correction
- Intraclass Correlation Coefficient (measurement reliability)
- Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Introduction to Child Care (course; various organizations)
- Inuit Circumpolar Conference
- Inuit Circumpolar Council (various locations)
- Inventory Carrying Cost
- Inventory Control Center/Code
Samples in periodicals archive:
Electron microscopic studies on the innervation of the smooth muscle and the interstitial cell of Cajal in the small intestine of the mouse and bat.
Recently, Kindblom et al and others have proposed that most stromal tumors originate from a mesenchymal stem cell that differentiates toward an interstitial cell of Cajal (ICC) phenotype.