The connection between interorganizational systems and IIs also is acknowledged in research literature.
What does IOS stand for?
IOS stands for Interorganizational System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOS
We have 195 other meanings of IOS in our Acronym Attic
- International Operator Services (Sprint)
- International Organization for Standardization
- International Organization for Standards
- International Outsourcing Services
- Internet Office Suite (software)
- Internet Operating System
- Internet Ophthalmology Society
- Internet Over Satellite
- Internetwork Operating System
- Interorganizational Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sustainable Collaboration: Managing Conflict and Cooperation in Interorganizational Systems.
Kumar and Van Dissel (1996) argue that it is critical for organizations to establish technical and procedural mechanisms in a formal way and to develop standards to handle various risks and conflicts in an interorganizational systems (IOS) network.
One functional classification of IT is provided by Barki, Rivard and Talbot (1993), which classifies IT into six unique categories: transaction processing systems, decision support systems, interorganizational systems, communication systems, storage and retrieval systems, and collaborative work systems.
The study of interorganizational systems relies on transaction cost economics, and centers on the use of hierarchies and markets to characterize relationships between firms in a supply chain.
The analysis of these coordination issues can take place at the level of individual providers, as well as at the organizational or interorganizational system level.