The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has directly attacked this problem with a Joint Interoperability Certification process that applies to every Department of Defense information technology (IT) system and national security system (NSS).
What does IOP stand for?
IOP stands for Interoperability
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IOP
We have 160 other meanings of IOP in our Acronym Attic
- Interim Operating Procedure
- Internal Occipital Protuberance (anatomy)
- Internal Operating Procedure
- Internal Operating Profit
- Internal Oral Presentation (examination)
- International Online Pharmacy
- International Opportunities Program
- International Organisation of Palaeobotany
- International Organization of Psychophysiology (UN)
- International Outreach Program (various locations)
- Intraocular Pressure
- Isle of Palms (South Carolina)
- Item of Priority
- Independent Oil Producers' Agency (California)
- Institute for Orkornerei Pastoralists Advancement (Tanzania)
- Islands Organic Producers Association (est. 1990; Canada)
- PAD Terminal Driver
- Input/Output in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Instytut Oceanologii Polskiej Akademii Nauk (Polish: Institute of Oceanology of the Polish Academy)
- Institute of Oceanology, Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Interoperability is something we have come to expect in our day-to-day lives.
A Brief Introduction Public safety wireless interoperability refers to the ability of public safety officials to communicate with each other seamlessly in real time over their wireless communications network.
For most, the painful experience of integrating storage system components from a variety of manufacturers that have not been thoroughly tested together, interoperability conjures up memories equivalent to root canals, medieval torture, or worse, but for those who have successfully integrated a system because of either their own interoperability testing or a manufacturer's thorough interoperability program, come feelings of empowerment, dominion, confidence, and, most importantly, peace of mind.
SAN Interoperability The rate of adoption of any new technology is governed by a number of factors.