The problem with Internet worms is that they propagate too fast for manual intervention to be effective.
What does I-WORM stand for?
I-WORM stands for Internet Worm (virus scanners)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Integrated Technical Reference Model
- Interplay Between Usability Evaluation and Software Development (workshop)
- Impulse-Based Ultra Wideband (computer networking)
- Integrated Value-Added Management System (economics)
- Intra-Coded Video Object Plane
- International Visitors Observe the Election (US State Department)
- Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control (Honda)
- Information Wide Area Year (networking study)
- Institute of Work Health and Organisations (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
95 This updated, full-featured firewall for Windows helps protects computers from hackers, detects and blocks intrusions and quarantines Internet worms and viruses that enter a computer.
Cervivec; an Internet worm virus spreading via the Internet as an email attachment.
Authentium, the leading developer of security software-as-a-service technologies, rejected claims made by Virginia-based iDefense earlier this week that the antivirus industry had responded slowly to the Warezov Internet worm outbreak (the worm is called "Stration" by iDefense and some antivirus vendors).
A, a mass mailing Internet worm circulating worldwide.
2nd wave weaker for Internet worm NEW YORK - A virus-like Internet worm that had crippled tens of thousands of computers over the weekend caused limited network disruptions Monday as employees returned to work.