According to the Telegraph, known as 'flag day', it was the first time the US Department of Defence (DoD)-commissioned Arpanet network fully switched to use of the Internet protocol suite (IPS) communications system.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for Internet Protocol Suite
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of IPS
We have 860 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- International Planetarium Society, Inc.
- International Policy Statement (Canada)
- International Preparatory School (various locations)
- International Production Services (various locations)
- International Programs Security
- International Property Show (est. 2005)
- International Pyrotechnics Society (est. 1980)
- Internet PrimeNet Server (parallel technology for the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, GIMPS)
- Internet Protocol Service (Sprint)
- Internet Protocol Storage Working Group (IETF)
- Internet Provider Security (Tag)
- Internet Provider Service(s)
- Internet Publishing System
- Interoperability Planning System (US DoD)
- Interpretive Programming System
- Interruptions Per Second
- Introductory Physical Science
- Intrusion Prevention Service (software)
- Intrusion Prevention Software (various companies)
- Intrusion Prevention System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The IPsec-WIT supports the current Internet protocol suite as well as the future addition of new functionality to the Internet Protocol suite (IPS) as the use of the Internet continues to increase.
This technology included TCP/IP, known today as an Internet protocol suite.