Another known preventive and treatment for AMS, according to the International Society for Mountain Medicine (IMMS), is Acetazolamide (Diamox), which helps reduce the effects of hyperventilation that people encounter when making extreme ascents.
What does ISMM stand for?
ISMM stands for International Society for Mountain Medicine (est.1985; Colorado Springs, CO)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ISMM
We have 14 other meanings of ISMM in our Acronym Attic
- Information Storage Materials Laboratory (est. 2001; National University of Singapore)
- Information Systems Management Logistics
- Integrated Services Line Module
- Interface Specification Meta-Language (computer science)
- International Saimoe League (anime forum)
- Istituto Sperimentale Metalli Leggeri (Italian: Experimental Institute for Light Metals)
- Independent Schools' Modern Languages Association (UK)
- Interim Standard Microwave Landing System
- Industrial Systems Manufacture and Management (UK academic program)
- Institute of Sales and Marketing Management
- International Symposium on Malignant Mesothelioma (cancer)
- International Symposium on Mathematical Morphology
- International Symposium on Memory Management (computer memory)
- International Symposium on Micro-Mechanical Engineering
- Integrated Stores Monitor and Management System
- International Society for Metal Music Studies
- International Symposium on Mesoporous Molecular Sieves
- Inter-Stage Matching Network (amplifier)
- International Sorghum and Millets Newsletter (agriculture)
- International Standard Music Number (sheet music)