While modeling clouds is a difficult task due to the variety of factors that guide their formation and movement, Grise noted that observational evidence from the International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project, a decades-long NASA effort to map global cloud distributions, supports their theory of migrating cloud coverage.
What does ISCCP stand for?
ISCCP stands for International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project
This definition appears very frequently
We have 1 other meaning of ISCCP in our Acronym Attic
- International Society for Computing in Civil and Building Engineering
- Irish Setter Club of Central Connecticut
- International Symposium on Capillary Chromatography and Electrophoresis
- International Study Center for Children and Families (Washington, DC)
- Institute of Social Change and Critical Inquiry
- Interstate Statistical Committee of the Commonwealth of Independent States
- Icelandic Chamber of Commerce in Japan
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (Mumbai, India)
- Information Systems Command Contracting Office
- International Society of Consumer and Competition Officials
- Integrated Solar Combined Cycle System
- International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing
- Integrated Services for Children Division (Canada)
- Interface Switching Capability Descriptor
- International School of Colour and Design (Australia)
- International Skating Club Davos (Switzerland)
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- International Society for Community Development (New York, NY)
- International Society for Computerized Dentistry
- Iterative Source-Channel Decoding (digital communcations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Noteworthy examples are the first cloud mask developed by the International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project (ISCCP: Rossow, Schiffer 1991), the Meteosat (Desbois et al.
ISCCP, or the International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project, is an effort to monitor clouds around the globe using sensors on several satellites.