The Myanmar government on Monday announced that it has lifted a 48-year-old practice of directly censoring news organizations, a move that is being met with equal parts enthusiasm and caution among international press organizations.
What does IPO stand for?
IPO stands for International Press Organization
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IPO
We have 136 other meanings of IPO in our Acronym Attic
- Inter Procedural Optimization (Intel C++ Compiler)
- Interagency Program Office (US DoD an US VA)
- Interdecadal Pacific Oscillation (ocean science)
- Interim Possession Order (property rights; UK)
- Internal Purchase Order
- International Pact Organization
- International Pasta Organisation
- International Permanent Observatory (on Security During Major Events; UNICRI)
- International Police Organization
- International Powerlifting Organization
- International Procurement Office
- International Program Office (US DoD)
- International Programs Office (US Navy)
- International Progress Organization
- International Project Office
- International Purchasing Office
- Internet Powered by Oracle
- Internet Protocol Over Optical (IETF)
- Interprovinciaal Overleg (Netherlands)
- Intervening Protection Optical (Pirelli)
Samples in periodicals archive:
International press organizations have designated Mexico as one of the world's most dangerous countries for journalists SourceMex, Feb.
CUMHURIYET ---------- TURKEY RETURNS TO DARK OLD DAYS On the occasion of the World Press Freedom Day, the Freedom to Journalists Platform organized a congress which was attended by representatives of international press organizations.