Whole-of-government language was embraced by the Liberal Government of Paul Martin in the 2005 International Policy Statement.
What does IPS stand for?
IPS stands for International Policy Statement (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of IPS
We have 860 other meanings of IPS in our Acronym Attic
- International Parrotlet Society
- International Partner Search (US DOC)
- International Passenger Survey
- International Payments Summit (trade show)
- International Peace Studies (various schools)
- International Personnel System
- International Philosophical Seminar (Italy)
- International Pipe Standard
- International Placement Services (est. 1981)
- International Planetarium Society, Inc.
- International Preparatory School (various locations)
- International Production Services (various locations)
- International Programs Security
- International Property Show (est. 2005)
- International Pyrotechnics Society (est. 1980)
- Internet PrimeNet Server (parallel technology for the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, GIMPS)
- Internet Protocol Service (Sprint)
- Internet Protocol Storage Working Group (IETF)
- Internet Protocol Suite
- Internet Provider Security (Tag)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The authors describe efforts made under Prime Minister Martin to understand the new challenges facing the Arctic internationally, through the International Policy Statement, and domestically, through the Northern Strategy.
Assessing Canada's International Policy Statement David J.
In May 2005 the previous government tabled Canada's International Policy Statement in the House of Commons.
Ottawa -- The federal government's new International Policy Statement came in for criticism from the Canadian Council for International Co-operation because it fails to address key development issues, especially in global efforts to deal with global poverty.
Canadian governments continue to aspire, in the words of the Martin government's recent International Policy Statement, "to make a difference.
The International Policy Statement (IPS) is currently being reviewed by Parliamentary Committees; Ploughshares staff and constituency groups, including national churches and Ploughshares local groups, have been preparing responses.