According to the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF), which has a representative office in the UAE, Vitamin D deficiency due to inadequate sunlight exposure in the Middle East is estimated to range between 50-90 per cent -- one of the highest in the world.
What does IOF stand for?
IOF stands for International Osteoporosis Foundation (Switzerland)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of IOF
We have 49 other meanings of IOF in our Acronym Attic
- Intelligence and Operations Facility (digital command post)
- Inter Office Facilities
- Interactive Output Facility (US FEMA)
- Interim Operating Facility (US FEMA)
- International Oceanographic Foundation
- International Olympic Federations
- International Operation Forces (gaming clan)
- International Order of Foresters
- International Orienteering Federation
- International Osprey Foundation
- Investment Opportunity Facility
- Investor-Oriented Firm
- Iron Ore Fines
- Israeli Occupation Force
- International Organization for Adolescents (anti-human trafficking)
- International Organization of Folk Arts
- I Only Fire Blanks (vasectomy)
- Intraocular Foreign Body
- Iditarod Official Finishers Club
- Income over Feed Cost (dairy farming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last April, the International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF) surprised me when they said that older adults might need up to 4,000 IU of vitamin D every day.
As for osteoporosis, he said that, according to available statistics by International Osteoporosis Foundation, 30-50% of women and 15-30% of men are likely to suffer a fracture related to osteoporosis in their lifetime.
Summary: 5th Pan Arab Osteoporosis Congress was held in cooperation with the International Osteoporosis Foundation and with the support of Nestle commitment to improving the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of osteoporosis as they gathered in Damascus, Syria for the 5th Pan Arab Osteoporosis Congress, the region's largest bone health convention.
Dr Saleh was speaking on the sidelines of Bahrain's first International Osteoporosis Foundation Osteoporosis Diagnosis Course with Densitometry Certification, which concluded at the Movenpick Hotel yesterday.